Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Halloween

Napolean Dynamite was the hands down favorite costume this year. It's a little weird thinking that ten year olds are into this movie. I've decided that I am offically getting old when I just don't get all the pop culture references in kids costumes. I used to be pretty good at these kinda things, but other then the occasional Darth Vader I'm in the dark. No great costumes this year which is a shame, but we did have record numbers of kids (well over 200) and a record amount of candy was purchased (and much of it eventually consummed) by yours truly.

2 comments:

Dean said...

I decided to be a great guy and make some apple-carrot cake muffins and bring them to Tai Chi class, since it was scheduled for Halloween. I then worried that a dozen might not be enough, so I beefed it up with 9 apple cider donuts from Wallkill View Farms. Of course only 4 other people show up and 2 of them pass on the goodies...so of course Becky and I were forced to eat the remainder....

Dean said...

Added note: I'm further out-of-touch with the popular culture than you are. It's that 'no TV' lifestyle. I notice it when I see things like the ad for the Aeon Flux movie and realize that - although I know it is/was a cartoon on MTV - I've never actually seen it. And I've been de-televized for so long that I don't feel any loss in not seeing it. Our present pop culture is just so many still photos and news blurbs to me, gleaned (mostly by Becky who then reads them off to me) from the web.

No sound. No movement. No substance. No importance.