Wednesday, October 20, 2004

So Many Lawn Signs, So Little Time

What is up with all these lawn signs? In the past few days my neighborhood has sprouted hundreds of them. I'm feeling a little nervous that I don't know who any of these people are, and soon enough they will be representing me. The ones that say "re-elect ______" really freak me out because I haven't a clue who ______ is.

Since I'm feeling kinda left out I'm thinking of putting a blank sign on my lawn.

I guess soon enough they will come down and I'll forget all about them. I'll also forget the people whose names are on them. But I won't forget who had which sign, and then I will be forever judging them by their choice of lawn ornament. I wonder what that says about me?

1 comment:

Dean said...

Most of my neighbors don't seem to be yard sign people, except for the diehard repubs behind me...although they only have their 'W' sign up with no reference to any locals. Hmmm? But if I want to see signs, all I need to do is pass that area where the Thruway exit connects to 299. Not only do we have the full range of political exhortations, but we've got corn mazes and apple pickings and even the odd open house listed for you there. It would appear that the season of the yard sale has passed, though.