Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Everybody poops

O.k let me see if I can tell this story and do it justice.

Woman and small child enter.

Woman wanders the store "oooing and ahhing" about all the "pretty things"

Child stands five feet from the counter and adopts a stance that can only be described as "sumo-like". From the grimace on her face Alison and I quickly deduce that she is taking a dump in her diaper.

The mother, noticing her little shitter from across the room says . . .

and I quote . . .

"Are you pooping?"

"yeeeeesssssssss" comes the pained reply.

"Oh dear, don't push too hard you'll hurt yourself"

Woman turns away and resumes her browsing.

Child starts to look pained and for several agonizing minutes we are transfixed by her efforts.

Mother calls for child to "come and see the pretty things".

Child struggles to walk bow-legged across the store.

Mother attempts to pick up child...............

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Mother puts down child.

More pooping ensues.

Mother finally picks up the now soiled and screaming toddler and walks out of the store, cooing "did my sweetie take a poop?"

"yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss"

Good thing we sell room sprays . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the most heartening thing i have heard yet this month. it must be great to poop your pants whenever the need arises.
paula

Anonymous said...

Oh my god - that's the icing on the retail hell cake or as Nate just commented "pudding in the pants". I almost called you today because I had an entry but it pales in comparison. Rock on!

Dean said...

That's...just...stunning. At least I'm surrounded by adult-sized (I won't go so far as to only say 'adult'.) human beings where I work, so there's none of that. Or if there is, it isn't so obvious. I'm so glad I don't have to be a party to one of those moments. Which reminds me, I should stop putting off that vasectomy....

Anonymous said...

I have a work related poop story I would like to share in return. I work with, or rather, in close proximity to, one of the most disgusting human beings I’ve ever met. He’s about 23 years old, he’s 6’3”, 300lbs. He maintains his bulbous physique by eating fast food 3 meals a day and washing it all down with Supersized Mountain Dews. Between 10 and 12 months ago I had front row seats to a chronic kidney stone problem he was experiencing. By 10 and 12 months ago, I mean that he was passing rock after rock for about 2 months.

Recently my office did some rearranging of desks so I now get to sit on the other side of a very large room from him. That’s the good news. The bad news is that I’m now sitting about 15 feet from the only bathroom on the floor we share. Think about that for a second and you will see where this story is going. The only thing worse than hearing a large disgusting man vacate himself 15 feet from where you are sitting is smelling the results.

My most productive moment here at work this past month was posting this letter on the outside of the bathroom door:
“This is a unisex restroom with poor ventilation in close proximity to your fellow officemates. Please reserve any activity in this restroom that could potentially offend the olfactory senses to the downstairs facilities where there is good ventilation in the form of a ceiling fan and window that can be opened.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.”

tim said...

Thanks for the comments everybody. The funniest thing is that this isn't even the worst pooping story about the store. After Christmas I'll post 2004's Soapdish Story Of The Year.

Anonymous said...

I can't BELIEVE how stern that lady was with her poopful child. She needed to have the child embrace the moment - make it joyous and life~enhancing by letting the child make poo sculptures or finger~scat paintings!!!?!!

Dieuretically Yours,
Crusty