Saturday, November 05, 2005

My worst nightmare

This is the worst nightmare of every person whose ever worked in the restaurant business. When that scary dishwasher you smoked a joint with 20 years ago, gets out of prison and decides to look you up. It is a truly tragic story and a cautionary tale to those of us who've worked for years right at the edge of society, with people on their way up out of the gutter, and people entering the early stages of the downward spiral of drugs and violence. There are easily a dozen people that I've worked with in the past that would scare the crap out of me if I ran into them on the street. I've seen some pretty 'normal' guys lose their shit and end up in some serious trouble, the ones that were always on the edge back then are truly the most frightening.

edit: For those of you not from Vermont, Jay Peak is a ski resort.


No comments: