Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Links . . . explained

Like most bloggers I love to place a list of my favorite links on my weblog. If you're like me you may glance over at some of these lists if you're really bored, but actual use of the list is secondary at best. So, in order to give you a reason to check out the list, I'm going to explain why the links are included.

dishbeautylounge - our new business, eventually you'll be able to purchase items here.
photobloggin' - my brother-in-law Aaron's photo blog. Updated daily.
the morning news - a very interesting site, it's been my home page for many years.
defective yeti - matt baldwin's site. It never fails to amuse and entertain.
truthout - news and opinion
mighty girl - maggie always has great stories from the bay area, she makes me miss SF badly.
the daily show - one of only three tv shows I watch regularly, and the only news show I ever watch. period.
burlington webcam - this webcam is mounted in the steeple of a building on the University campus that looks down College street towards Lake Champlain.
tony bourdain - what is there to say about the patron saint of line cooks. read about his books and exploits here.
runaway chef - another chef Tim retired from the restaurant business (if that's possible) and now travels throughout Asia. Read his daily journal here.
on the rail - are you in the weeds? If you know the answer to that question then this is the site for you. Keep your eyes open for articles written by yours truly.
saute wednesday - food writing and opinion.
eGullet - Society of culinary arts and letters (a high falutin' way of saying, a food snobs watering hole). Where you'll find me online.
salmmed - see "on the rail"
slow food - take some time to check this site out.
18th street lounge - a selection of great music.
instinct records - ditto
4ad - home of the cocteau twins and other musicians I enjoy
apod - astronomy picture of the day. when you really need some perspective
edward abbey - my favorite writer and a very big influence on my life in general not to mention a damned good source for quotes.
harper's - why read anything else?


No comments: